can you please give me some advice

I am thinking about having a hysterectomy, because i am having a lot of trouble with my periods.I have alot of pain and i am getting fed up last ime i had my periods i nearly went to the late night doctors, and i cant take it no more .And i cant have no children because i have a double wall on my uterus.I am thinking about having the operation will help me alot. My mum had the same operation because she had the same problem.But she said that i am better of talking to some one about it before i make up my mind,Can you give me any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• ahhhh....if only medicine worked this way.
    i dont know of any docs that will just give you the surgery you ask for. you'll have to find the source of excessive bleeding or abnormal menstrual pain and see if your doctor recommends surgery and if your insurance carrier deems you are a candidate.
    hysterectomies are not elective.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2009