Does anyone in New Jersey know the cost of Cobra continuation coverage....I am 5 months pregnant so it would be to continue just MY coverage????

This is the situation in a nutshell. I am a retail store manager in a womens clothing store and my district manager has been trying to find reasons to write me up in order to fire me; ever since my ob/Dr gave me doctor's notes with medical restrictions. Shes been acting very nasty and different towards me ever since I started having problems with my asthma due to the pregnancy. Shes come to the store and gave me two write ups over bullshit in the past two weeks and is going out of her way to nitpick things and look for reasons to get around the fact that shes really firing me b/c I am pregnant and limited for the time being as to some the things i can do. Now she's telling me that I have 30 days to turn the store around b/c its not up to her "standards" or thats it.
So I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row just incase this piece of sh*t actually is going to fire someone 5 months pregnant.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• (POSTER) Sorry I know this is long! Bascially I looked everywhere to try and find out how much Cobra would be so I can at least not have to worry about the cost of the rest of my prenatal care and the hospital stay/birth. My husband is only working part time and they don't offer him health insurance coverage so I carry it for us. Now if I get let go then we'll be really screwed, and with him working part time and if I get the unemployment, then we wouldn't qualify for medicaid either.

I'm calling my corporate office and letting them know that I feel like I am being pushed out before going out on maternity leave and I feel like this is pregnancy discrimination. I don't know if that would make things better or worse b/c I know its almost impossible to prove, but at least if I make someone aware, it might buy me some time to take my leave and if ahe lets me go after the baby comes then so be it.

SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• When I was offered COBRA 10 years ago, it was $600 a month for just me. :(
    I was single then with no kids. Obviously, I didnt get it. I mean, if I dont have a job, like I have $600 laying around?
    brokenmelody

Answer by brokenmelody at 10:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• in CA, I had to have it JUST FOR ONE MONTH... becuase i needed emergency surgery asap to fix my severely broken leg (broke both bones in 18+ different places) & through Atena it was an additional $400 for my mom to add me on to cobra -i think you'r better off with WIC and askign them for help
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 3:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009