How could I ask this question?

OK here is: I live in a city where if you visit the upper class neighborhoods you would start noticing on the street Caucasian babies with African-American woman. My dh thinks that it is discrimination and he doesn't understand what Caucasians won't hire Caucasians to take care of their babies.
What do you think of this nonsense? (I wan to prove my dh wrong)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• i see it in my neighborhood and there nannies and they do get paid pretty good. and it is also there descision.my findings is also that most of them are not african amercian but hatian and do it to get a green card and stay in the country.sorry but it is what it is.its not slavery at all. these woman sign up for this. and most of them are pretty reliable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Who cares if they are black white or blue...as long as they take GOOD care of the child.

But I feel the answer could be that white people dont look for jobs like that....sort of like how most hard labor construction workers are mexican....they are the only ones who are willing to do that type of work for the money.

But like I said before....who cares...as long as they are good workers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• And by hard labor construction workers...I mean the ones who do the 'Bad" parts....not the foreman or the ones who get good pay....
    Anonymous

• My guess is that you hire the people who are wanting the job.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I personally don't care if the woman (or man!) is pink and purple polka dotted as long as they are taking good care of the child. I doubt that the people there actually hire their nanny based on their race! I've worked as a nanny and bc of my credentials I have never had a problem finding a job. I think it is more to the fact that he notices the races more bc it is a little more obvious these women are nannies. I have been complimented many times on my "children" and had to correct the compliment!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If you look at the past the privileged the white people had slaves working for them. So why should it be rare today seeing Black nannies with white babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Well the BLACK nannies have to be asking for the job even still today. We dont have slaves anymore. THANK GOD! Why are people so narrow minded and refuse to live in the present. Hell people USE to do a lot of stuff that we dont do anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• maybe white people are not applying for the jobs?? why does it matter
    would he say the same thing if he saw white nanny's with black children??
    I would not hire a nanny based on her color I would hire her/him based on their experience and work ethic
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i wouldn't let a black woman take care of my child, not because im racist its just I've noticed the parenting style is completely different from what ive observed ,so that's just my personal opinion
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 8:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• How do you know they are nannies and not black women in an inter-racial relationship with mixed kids that just happen to look white? Just wondering. Not saying you're wrong. It's possible.

LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2009