When you get portraits done of your kids...

How do you split up the pictures between family members? I want to keep an 8x10 and a 5x7 for myself. I guess my mom and MIL should both get an 8x10. My grandparents and grandparent in-laws, and my SIL should get just a 5x7, right? Then I don't even need to order any 3x5 or wallets.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I keep the 8x10 for our home, get 1-2 extra 8x10's for g-parents, I also get another sheet of the 5x7's in addition to what comes with the package. See I have 4 sisters and if one finds out the other has a 5x7 and they only got a wallet then all heck will break loose. Either that or now packages come with 4 4x6's which is a perfect medium between the 5x7 and the wallet. I usually get more than one pose so I'll give my sisters a 5x7 of one pose and a wallet of the other pose. I usually keep a 5x7 for my desk at the office.

Pictures are expensive - that's why we have ours done at Wal-Mart, since they always have a deal and hardly ever charge a sitting fee I can go a little over board in ordering 2 poses and extra sheets. We use to go to Picture people but they got to the point where I felt like I was having to take out a 2nd mortgage on our home to get pics done. Now we only use them for when our entire family wants..
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I got my mother and MIL a 5x7 and only one 8x10 for us. Everyone else gets wallets. I guess I COULD give my mom and MIL an 8x10, but it's so expensive! I guess if you really like the picture that makes sense to do. I wasn't happy with the pictures the lady took so I was a lot more stingy with my purchases.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i take the one i like, then i give my mom and MIL the same one, then i just put a bunch in a pile and send the one on top to the next in line.. i always take them at walmart so when you go back you can by some they did just for fun and that gives me more to chose from..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 8:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I usually do keep an 8x10 and a 5x7 for us. My mom gets a 8x10, sister, mil, and fil each get a 5x7 then everyone else gets wallets (including sis, mil and fil)

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 8:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I go to a photographer that gives me a CD so I can make whatever prints I want.

Answer by missanc at 9:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• pictures. Last time was 3yrs ago when my oldest nephew graduated from college and since everyone was here for the event I thought it would be a great opportunity to have a family portrait done. It was great! We took one of all of us, then one of all of the grandkids, then one with my mom and all the grands, one with my mom and all us girls (her daughters), one with just us sisters, and one with us sisters and our hubbys. We each ordered what we wanted and I have the negative of those pics in case something ever happens where we need to have reprints of them done.

Cost an arm and a leg but it was worth it.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i always keep an 8x10 and an 11x14 or whatever the next size is, then i give all of my DDs grandparents an 8x10 and wallets because they always want to show her off. lol then i give the aunts and uncles 5x7. then everyone else gets wallets or 5x7
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Thanks everyone! I'm only doing one shot of my daughter for her 6 month portraits (although I'm 2 months late, she's 8 months lol) so I don't really need to order a lot. Just want to make sure I spread out the right size fairly lol.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009