A friend of a friend needs some serious help...

One of my best friends lives about 1500 miles away and she met a girl there (that I met also before I moved) and became friends with her. We can call my best friend Jamie and her friend can be Sue.
So Sue's husband came home from Iraq back in March or April. Since he came home he's become increasingly more abusive in their relationship. Sue came over Jamies' house balling her eyes out about a month ago, saying her husband had just choked her and beaten their dog. Since then, Sue comes over more and more telling Jamie all these awful things he keeps doing, threatning her life and his life with a LOADED pistol, broken their tv, their coffee table, laptop, and several doors are literally ripped out of their hinges.
She keeps defending him and saying she's the one who needs to change, she doens't clean right, she needs to lose weight, all this crap! Now Sue is getting upset with Jamie not "minding her business"! What to do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• If she really wants help, she needs to leave! Most women never do and they end up getting really hurt or dying, it happens everyday! There are women shelters where she will be safe and he will not know she is there. She needs a counselor to help her and social services may offer some programs and ways to get her out of there. If they want to work things out then let them, he may or may not change.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I ran out of room! This guy sold both of their cars and bought a piece of junk and lost all the rest of hte money he made gambling. He has an alcohol addiction and supposedly suffers from PTSD.
    I told Jamie that she needs to get his chain of command or a chaplain involved. Jamie and her hsuband are fighting constantly over this and are feeling like they can't help those that need to be hleped.
    Yes, we're all military families. It's just such a f*cked up situation and poor Jamie was put smack dab in the middle whether she likes it or not!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would certainly go to the chaplain about this, because you wouldn't want to see anything happen to Sue that could have been prevented. I am leary about going up the chain of command only because Sue's husband's job could be jeopardized. Is there any on base counseling center or abuse hotline that your friend Jamie can call to report this anonymously? Good luck to them both!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would say he certainly does have PTSD. Yes talk to his higher ups and get him the help he needs. Sad what Iraq/war does to perfectly normal men.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• she needs to report it!!!! this could be a life or death sitution!!!
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• and if he is PTSD he will not lose his job he will get the help he clearly needs!
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2009