Why are men dream boyfriends when they were crappy husbands?

Does she know he was verbally abusive and cheated on me? If she is as great as my kids seem to think why is she with him?

Keysus

Asked by Keysus at 8:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• is this your ex? and his woman? who is she?
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 8:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yes, my x treated me like a slave when we were married - never helped with the house or kids or anything. She is his 15 year younger girlfriend during his midlife crisis - it's classic!
    Keysus

Answer by Keysus at 9:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• People learn from their mistakes. Believe it or not, he learned a whole bunch being with you. Making it out of a bad marriage alive leaves you w/ a lot to think & learn about yourself. Also, he may have matured some. Just because he was a jerk w/ you does not mean that all of his relationships will end that way. Perhaps he is a better person now than he was when y'all were married. You should give yourself credit for that.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Wow, I do know what you mean about being great boyfriends and then crappy husbands. I think what it is, is that when a man starts a new relationship he is turning on the charm, showing only his good qualities and going out of his way for the love of a woman. Then you get married or in a long relationship, things settle, you go through experiences together and true colors show their character comes through in different situations. Then you get divorced to the monster he bacame and he starts over with the next woman trying to woo and convince her! Hahahahah I know that was a mouthfull but my husband isn't the same person I married and I think about that a lot.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• he hasn't shown her his true colors yet. I'm sure he's still in the dreamy stage to her.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2009