When is love worth fighting for?

And when is it time to give up and move on? When you love someone so deeply that the thoughts of not being with them make you physically sick? Will time heal that? At what point would you give up and move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• no.. that kinda love will stay with you, you wll be able to get on with your life but it will take awhile.. they say "time will tell" but "time" is up to you.. one day you will look back and think y did i waste all that hurt on him, and maybe you wont.. just breath and see, it will all come out in the wash mama..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 9:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If its worth fighting for BOTH of you will be fighting for it. Trust me you wll get over it in time.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It's time to give up and move on when you realize that no matter what you do or don't do the relationship isn't going to work. You can still love the person but decide it's not in your best interest to stay with them. Love is a very powerful emotion, but time does heal all wounds.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You can still be in love with them and know it's not a good relationship. There are toxic relationships that need to be let go. Also, sometimes those feelings are not "love" it's obsession. Look up the term relationship addiction. Many times that's the reason we won't let go not to mention co-dependency, low self esteem ("can't live without Him"). It's really time to go when you have to ask yourself the question "is it time to go?"

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My Husband and I separated a few years ago. The first couple of days I cried non-stop and didnt eat or drink. I was the only one fighting to save our marriage, after three months I was tired and had pretty much re-started my life. I had pretty much moved on. I think he saw this and saw the return of my independence and old self. He came home and took over the fight. Four years later we are madly and deeply in love still. I fought the fight once and would probably do it again but there is no doubt that there would be life after him if we did divorce.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2009