4 month old and a cold

My son is 4 months old, and I think he has a cold. He had me up majority of the night...coughing(mucusisly) sneezing, refusing formula,nose conjested, and refuse rice with peas and pears. When he drinks his bottle, he gets upsets cause hes coughing and looses his bottle. How do I get him to eat his formula and rice breakfast? Hes going to the doctor today at 330pm. All he wants to do is sleep or be held.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try to suck out the snot from his nose using one of those bulb things. My baby is 4 months old and is getting over a cold as well. I would let him sleep also because he needs it being worn out from his cold.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My son had upper respiratory infections this winter because our heat was shut off. The nurse said to suck out his nose then steam up the bathroom and have him in there for 10 mins then cool air.... like open your freezer and put him in front of it for 5 mins. Then if he needs it suck his nose again and try to feed him.

(our building got heat shut off, it wasn't because I didn't pay)
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Maybe try spoon feeding him his rice breakfast. Maybe that way you can see when he is about to sneeze and pull the spoon from his mouth.
    HanasMom09

Answer by HanasMom09 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My son is 4 months as well he just got over a cold and the nurse said to use the nose sucky. Also to give him baby tylonel. I put a cold wash cloth on his head and just held him a ton. Just keep him hydrated. I also got baby vick rub and put it on his chest to clear his nose, work great. Hope he feels better. Usually within 3-5 days they are better. :)
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 10:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009