What's their deal???

I hate going to my boyfriens parents house because they always make me feel like I'm not doing a good job as a mother. For example, we went there on sunday and Courtney was getting fussy while his mom held her. His step-dad took over and got her to relax. He looked at me and said "It's really not that hard". Um...I never said it was!! I'm not just going to rip her out of her grandmas arms!!! Or his mom gives me so much advice it's makes me look like I don't try ANYTHING!! It makes me feel terrible. We are doing a great job with our daughter and I'm very proud of us!! How can I shake this feeling? Because I don't ever want to go over there!!

CrystalJanie

Asked by CrystalJanie at 9:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• You know the old saying, "opinions are like arm pits. Everyone has them and they stink." Something like this. As a parent, you are going ot have to take these things as they come. When anyone offers advice just let them know that you think that idea is good or tell something else you are doing that works. Every parent thinks they can do a better job than everyone else around, this includes grandparents. Really, unless you snap at them and tell them you don't want any advice anymore they will still give it to you. Just smile and know that you are doing a good job. Remember, they only want what is best for their grandbaby.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• just say thank you and let it go. Let them think they are helping you. You can't stop them and it's not worth the stress.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• admckenzie is right they will probably never stop. Keep in mind they don't know whether you know these things or not and since they care for you daughter too they just want to make sure. That doensn't make it less annoying but maybe if you remember it comes from the fact they love your daughter it may help keep the peace :)
    Stay confidant in your own abilities and intuition eventually they may see it and let up a bit.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i agree i think they think they are being helpful... i dont know of a tackful way of telling em to stop but just know they think they are helping i dont think they are trying to be mean
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 10:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009