Brandon Teena...

has anybody else heard of this story, that inspired the movie "Boys Don't Cry"? What did they think of this story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• It's horrible what happened to him/her. Hope the law enforcement in the city have changed their ways...I have seen the gravesite of Brandon Tina, just too young to die that horrible death. And at the same time, I suppose it would have been better for him/her to tell others the truth, but perhaps Nebraska was just not ready to deal with it. I think times have changed a bit, and I wish they would just execute the guy and get it over with....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• They haven't killed that sob yet?
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I read the book All She Wanted by Aphrodite Jones after seeing this story on Montel many years ago. Sad and disgusting what was done to Brandon Teena. The movie was good too, but the book covered a lot more.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• oh wow you must be the same one who asked worse rape sence, i just answered that question with boys dont cry and now i see this question...lol. i love the movie very emotional and i never read the book
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I saw this movie when it first came out and it affected me in a personal way, because I was actually involved with someone like that. Everyone in her hometown knew she was a girl. Except for people she just met, they thought she was a boy. So seeing this movie and the intolerance some people have for people like Brandon Teena scared me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I didn't post anything about rape. That must have been someone else. I thought "Boys Don't Cry" was very good. But the documentary "The Brandon Teena Story", which is available on DVD, is much better. It includes more details and tells an accurate account of the actual case. As does the book "All She Wanted" by Aphrodite Jones. The details in that book were incredible. I thought what happened to Brandon Teena was horrible. But I couldn't believe it.....that after Brandon Teena, Lisa Lambert, and Phillip Devine were murdered in 1993.....the case became a huge national newsstory.....and of all the people who were interviewed in jail on TV shows like Maury, hardly anybody shed a single tear for Lisa Lambert. She was shot and killed with her 9-month-old son in her lap. I couldn't believe it. Terrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The most disgusting part was that the stupid sherriff just let these men go, and now 3 people are dead because of it. Wonder how he's feeling these days?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• He's prolly not feeling too good! He lost his bid as sheriff at the next election and now his interrogation tapes, the ones where he was questioned Brandon Teena about the rape ( while verballing expressing disgust and prejudice about him/her )....those tapes are actually now used in police training on how NOT to treat a citizen who comes in to file a complaint or press charges. The 2008 re-release of "The Brandon Teena Story" on DVD has a bunch of extra features, including an interview with the filmmakers where they disclosed that information. I found it humorous, because that's how bad of a Sheriff that Mr. Laux was. Bad...very bad. BTW Thomas Nissen remarried, to a woman who lives in Chicago. But he is still learving consecutive life sentences in Nebraska. John Lotter is still on Death Row. They need to just get this overwith and kill him. I think they should kill Thomas Nissen too..they both killed people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009