I don't know anymore :(

I took two pregnancy tests and the first two came back positive and the third like two days after I took the others. I know its not a miscarriage. Been there done that and its nothing like a miscarriage. I am still spotting and no af yet.... I don't know whether to tell my parents and friends I am pregnant or not... Has this ever happened to you.

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• *sorry the third came back negative
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• why would you take a third pregnancy test after you had 2 positive ones? but anyway, i would think that it's a bad test and i would schedule an appt. to see the dr. for a check-up
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• To princessbeth79: because I have not missed a period yet and the positives were positives but they were barely there but nonetheless, they were there and I was taking more to be sure the lines were getting darker, hints miscarriage or not. If the lines get darker then Im not having one but if I start bleeding and the lines lighten up over time then I am having a miscarriage, along with the other signs. Been there done that, just want to be on the safe side I guess. With me being high risk there is a good possibility that something like that can happen. My doc told me not to have anymore but I am one of those that has to have two or I will feel incomplete. :(
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• But that was the same doctor that told me that the reason my son was born with a defect that it was my husbands fault ( my husband doesn't have a thing in the world wrong with him, healthy as a horse, the OB is an OB not a damn geneticist! IDIOT ) ugh anyways and that I needed to have a baby by another man!!! He said it happens all the time. So needless to say I went and got another doc's opinion! NOT seeing him this pregnancy! Other doc said one more was ok but pushing it so we're only having one more
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear all the stress you are going through. I send out big hugs to you!!! I'm glad your going to another OB because they have no right to tell you how many children to have. Even high risk preg. can be monitored. It sounds to me like you are pregnant and the third test may be wrong, esp. since you have had 2 pos. tests. I wish you the best. I can relate to feelling incomplete and wanting more children.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You are right, your OB is not a geneticist...however, your OB is trained to look for and catch genetic problems with your fetus. If he said it was your husbands "fault," he meant it came from your husband's gene pool...there doesn't have to be anything wrong with your husband in order for him to have a defect in his gene pool, these things can skip generations.

I think you should go to your doctor soon about the pregnancy, get checked out. It sounds like the test may have just been faulty. If you've miscarried before and it doesn't feel like a miscarriage AND you haven't been bleeding I wouldn't be too concerned. As I'm sure you already know, miscarriages will always come with bleeding. So keep your head up and stay positive. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You know you should probably go to the emergency room to get checked out thurghly, or the health dept. and let them give you a pregnancy test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yes, see a doctor. It could be an early miscarraige or just regular bleeding. I bled in my last pregnancy the first trimester and baby was fine.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009