I hate exercise!

Literally, I HATE IT! I'm not lazy, my house is spotless, organized, but when it comes to exercise I just can't get motivated....is it possible to lose weight just by eating healthy? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• yes you can,My uncle and his wife do it. The eat right and they get help by this book that they read which goes by there blood type.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I actually lost 5lbs in 3 weeks just by counting calories and making smarter choices.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 9:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I hate it too! Try to find a workout that doesn't feel like excesize. I started doing "Walk Away The Pounds" it doesn't seem like a real workout... It just seems to easy... But it's working. Or try one of those dance ones... Turn up the music and go with it... IT's a little easier that way...

But, as for changing the way you eat, yes that will help you loose weght BUT... It's really best to do both. Even if you only do a workout for like 15 mins a day, it's better than nothing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Eating healthy will help, but not totally just like sabrina said. If you hate excercise, try things that don't seem like excercise...do you have a dog? Take him/her for a walk everyday. When shopping, park "in the boonies" so you walk farther to the store. Go swimming (if that's convenient), play your favorite sport at least once a week, with someone that wants to play with you. Go to local fairs or other "big" events that require walking a lot. If you buy "workout dvds" you won't get motivated to do your excercise, so work around your natural schedule, but make you work harder with everything...also walk to you mailbox to check it everday...I know someone that is trying to lose weight and won't walk down her driveway (which is quite long) to check her mail... Good luck, and have fun.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I used to hate exercise because it was hard. I hated running when I first started because it was hard. Hated it! But after six weeks of forcing myself to run 5x/week, I finally got my stride and breathing. I lost 15lbs. Three years later and I LOVE running.

Don't know if that helps...I guess the moral to that story is that exercise won't necessarily be enjoyable at first. It's a learned activity. Once it becomes a habit and you see good results, you like it.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2009