Do you feel Life in prison is to harsh for a 13 year old?

I understand that if you commit a crime you should pay. but a 13 year kid should not be punished this hard for a non-violent crime for a 1st or 2second offense on Robbery case another one was a rape case. Whats you take on this question?

grandmasix

Asked by grandmasix at 9:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• non-violent crime==yes life is too harsh
    rape=NO! the person they raped is in it for life...they should be too.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No I don't think it's harsh. Robbery and rape? You steal from people and you emotionally scar someone for life? You deserve life in prison.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• What are the cases? There's no info here.

I am glad that it's not my job to make these sorts of decisions. That's how I feel about it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Thirteen is old enough to know better. Break the law, go to prison. I do think there should be prisons for that age group though.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Robbery....life is too long for a 13 year old child

Rape..not too long for anyone
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Plan robbery...too long
    Armed robbery....acceptable
    Rape....not too long. Rape and Murder are the two most heinous crimes I can think of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Not for rape. His victim will have to live with the consequences of him actions for the rest of their lives...so should he. His age doesnt make it any less terrible.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• More info about the case please.

Robbery 1st or 2nd offense? do you even know the facts? Obviously, if it is a 13 year old's SECOND robbery case, then clearly the first sentence didn't resolve their ways. How many chances should they get before prison? just another little hoodlum running around robbing and we make excuses because they are a minor?

Rape? if you are old enough to perform a rape, you are old enough to pay the price!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have a hard time with this one. If he's 13 then most likely the victim is younger. Usually much younger which puts them around 8 maybe 9. Can you imagine living with being raped at that age? She will have some serious issues to deal with all her life.

Now if there are circustances that we don't know about like he was sexually abused as a child, molested, etc and he gets help for it then we're talking another story. We're now talking 2 victims and they both need help.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2009