please help

my 5mo daughter is teething. shes very cranky today. but alls she wants to do is nurse. but she is so full, she spit up straight milk. her temp 98.8, thats normal right. she feels warm and clammy?
new mom here and i dont know what to do for her

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 9:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep her temp is fine :) Try a cool wet wash cloth or a cool teething ring. Also baby oral gel works wonders.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Is her temp an oral, rectal, underarm or forehead temp? Because they all vary. You can give her Hyland's Teething Tablets, or a little bit of Tylenol. Also, offer her something cold to chew on; a wet washcloth in the fridge is a good idea.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 9:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• sounds like she's fine, but using you a teether. As others have said, we wash cloth and something for the pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• oral temp.
    im giving her teething keys but shed rather be on the boob. :(
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Teething tablets are amazing!!! They actually don't taste bad either (don't ask :) ) They are little tiny disolvable tablets that you can put in her mouth, and it sooths the gums. Absolutely WONDERFUL!! Another thing I did with my daughter is held her close to my body and let her gnaw on my finger, it's alot less sensative then the breast, and it gives her that closeness that she wants so bad.

Just a few suggestions.. Good Luck!
    Laitheledh

Answer by Laitheledh at 10:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Ive been looking for teething tablets but I cant find them! Are they sold in Canada?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't do the tablet for a 5 month old. Give her some motrin or tylenol (infant), baby orajel and if it's teething making her like this then those two things will def. help, and just make her as comfortable as you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I used teething tablets with my oldest when she was 5 months old, I asked the pediatrician, and he said they won't hurt her. I don't know if they have them in Canada, but if you have a walmart close by they should have them in the pharmacy section, not with the baby stuff. They are in with the vitamins and stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yeah temp is normal.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• they have instant desolvable ones that are fine for infants. I can't get them anywhere in MN except my local pharmacy. NOt target or walmart - try rubbing her gums? even letting her chew on a nuk?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009