What do you think of this quote?

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you’re not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am curious who agrees with it. No need for smart ass responses. If you don't like this move on. It is just a question and I will put who said this later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I believe it is true that a big part of our type of government is that we are allowed to disagree. Not only are we allowed but encouraged. Our government depends on the push and pull of differing opinions.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with this statement and go one step further: one who doesn't question government should not call themselves a patriot. The simple premise of being a patriot is protecting our republic. To do that one must question government.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I do agree with it, I am capable of saying i fully support our military and our country, but at the same time can say i do not agree with a lot of the things that our current administration is doing, I will support my military husband and his comrades till the end of the earth, but at the same time know he is defending the right for me to say "I dont agree with how our country is being run"
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 10:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with it, and believe that it was said during the previous administration.

All things are a matter of perspective. I am an Obama supporter, but an American citizen first. I think it's right to question Obama, and I think it was right to question Bush. That's what makes America great, the fact that we CAN speak out against our leaders for what we believe in. I just think that truths is also important and SOMETIMES the information used against the current administration is false.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Of course we have the right to disagree and debate. We can disagree with our President. We can debate. But it isn't a good thing to believe lies and repeat them. We need to make sure we are aware of what is true, what is a fact ...as opposed to what someone says in a Blog. Or in a biased publictions or a YouTube which can be cut and spliced together to prove your own private opinion. Right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with this statement however we do not have the right to tear down the person speaking and tromp all over them. A debate is not that. A debate does not threaten the other person physically, emotionally, etc. Instead it is just that a debate between two different sides. We tend to forget this and feel we have the right to call someone any name we desire & tear them down just because they don't agree with us.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with this statement.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with it. It shows the language manipulation of accusing a lack of patriotism and that we (citizens of the USA) are suppose to sit back and accept whatever is sent our way like a bunch of oppressed. brainless, spineless, lock step, party line, robot people. In other words, the administration wants all of us to act like democrats!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009