What would you like to see

that your school lunch provides? What are some things that you would like to see offered that kids will actually eat. What do you think the govenment needs to do to reform the school lunches. Mind you they are basically overseen by the goverment. The schools get commodities that they buy from the goverment. Do you think that there should be more portion control at home. I do b/c unless u know what a serving size is u are probably over feeding your own kids and then the school gets a bad rap for the kids being obesse. The school doesn't have them for nearly the amount of time that u do so why blame the schools for what u feed them at home too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because every public school around here feeds 1st graders the same amount of food that they feed 12th graders. If something isn't wrong with that then I don't know what is. The food the schools aren't are far from healthy (chicken nuggets, fried chicken, pizza and brownies every day isn't what i'd consider a well balanced meal.)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My son wants meatloaf. I think our school does pretty well. The portions are the right size. It isn't always the best but they try.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The food is fine, the protions are right, so it doesn't matter what you're eating it the ratio. Plus they serve 2 vegeatable and salads with, and fruit with every lunch! One item is normally what people consider un healty the other 3 are very healthy!

The sevrving sizes most kids get at home on a daily basis are way more than what the school gives, and people shouldn't be blaming the schools for their children being obese!

If I was in school again I would like to see Quesadillas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Quesadillas are served in our school along with 2 fruits 2 veggies & the salad bar. They have pretty much cut out the desserts. I know that parents feed their kids way more junk food at home then the schools serve them. I know they don't eat healthy at all at home and sometimes that is the only good meals some kids have in their day.They also serve spaghetti, lasagna, chicken but as far as I know no school anywhere fries chicken anymore it is all a baked product.
    The kids here are not fed the same portion size they go up in middle school they get more than elemenentary & high school they get more then middle school. I feel parents need to teach their children what a proper serving size is then there wouldn't be so many obesse kids in this world. Get them outside to exercise. They play too many games on the tv and computer. It isn't the schools fault that u can't make your kid exercise that would become the parents responsibil
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009