2.5 year old TMI, banana and poop question. Please read!

Bananas are supposed to bulk up poop right? When my son has one banana, he poops it out within a hour, is that normal???

He has a ton of allergies, so I am wondering if it has anything to do with that?

Thanks!

JandAsMommy

Asked by JandAsMommy at 9:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be, in fact since he has OTHER allergies i wouldn't doubt that has something to do with it. Not really, a serious more like he just can't digest it right. Should ask his pediatrician if you can keep giving them to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i dont think it would mean an allergy, some foods just react differently to each child. or even adult for that matter. i would be more worried if it was repeated diarehea(i always mispell that lol), belly upset or getting a rash, breathing problems, those type of things. my son can eat a ton of cheese and not be stopped up like most ppl would. but if you're concerned you can usually call your dr and have them or a nurse call you back, and ask them.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my daughter has no allergies and is the same way. she eats a banana and an hour later she's pooping. same w/cheese which is not normal at all, but i think its just b/c she eats it so much her bodies just used to it i guess
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It very well could be an allergy or food intollerance, especially since your LO does have other food allergies. I would talk to the pediatrician, or better yet, your allergist for more advice. Good luck! Since your child has other allergies, you probably already know this...but not all allergies cause skin rashes or breathing problems. Many, including my sons, only will cause intestinal problems.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I agree with the majority, talk to your pediatrician. I found out my son was more than likel allegic to shrimp due to diarrhea...took a week to recover. I was told I could re-introduce but don't want to put him through that again.
    Nursauraf

Answer by Nursauraf at 1:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• bananas also give some children the shits...FYI its nasty and that happens to one of my daughters. They work like prunes do for her. lol
    tdoubleday04

Answer by tdoubleday04 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2009