Why is my daughter vomiting so much?

My little girl is 3 months old, and since the beginning she has been throwing up. (Not just spitting up, projectile vomiting). We took her to the ER twice, and she's seen her dr. and all of them play it off as something different. The first time was a gas bubble the size of her tummy (which we were able to get rid of), the second was a tiny amount of thrush in her mouth, and the third time they said she was overeating. We have tried everything they have suggested, we got rid of the bubble and thrush, and are feeding her less then she used to eat, but nothing is working, She will eat about an ounce for every hour. She will eat 4 ounces and then not want food for another 4 hours.. give or take. We even tried cereal, and (thinking maybe she's allergic to milk protein, as her dad and I were) non milk protein based formula (Similac Alimentum) and nothing is working.. please help.

Laitheledh

Asked by Laitheledh at 10:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like she has severe GERD. My son did the exact same thing, he'd eat 3-5oz at a time but would projectile vomit every bit of it (Or so it seemed) once he was done eating. The only thing that will probably work is taking her to her pediatrician and putting her on medication for it. Also make sure to keep her elevated when feeding her and when she's sleeping, and burp her every ounce that she eats.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My son had the same thing. We had to use Similac Alimentum, and mix in 1/2 tsp of Karo light corn syrup. This is one of the things that mother's each hae a different opinion on, and it may not work for your baby, but it helped mine. We were having to change our bedsheets twice every night and I was using a bathtowel as a burp cloth because of his vomiting. I hope this advice helps and your little one starts doing better soon! I know how much it sucks for you and her.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2009