Have you tried Mothers Milk Tea?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this to increase their milk supply and if it worked? Or if anyone has tried anything else that worked.

landons.mama

Asked by landons.mama at 10:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried the tea before my daughter was born, and I love the taste of it, since my daughter was born I haven't had any, but my sister in law swears by it.. Says that it works wonders for her. With my oldest I would increase my milk supply by pumping.. if you don't want to bottle feed your baby "pump and dump" as my friend calls it. I personally used both bottle and breast for my oldest, so it made it easy for me to pump. Hope this helps at least a little.. Good Luck!
    Laitheledh

Answer by Laitheledh at 10:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've never had it, but I have heard that it really works. Other ways that I have heard to increase your milk supply are to drink lots of water and (I know it sounds crazy) but to eat oatmeal.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• YEAH IT WORKS!! AT LEAST FOR ME
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had two lactation consultants recommend More Milk Plus. It's liquid and enters your system faster than tea. You can get it at Whole Food or online.

I tried both and found MMPlus worked within 24 hours.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 11:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yes, and it worked. i also used fenugreek and blessed thistle. just use the instructions on the bottle.
    also, mother's milk tea should not be used during pregnancy bc fenugreek is not safe to use during pregnancy.
    also, drinking lots more water, eating oatmeal, and taking your prenatal vitamins will help help keep and up your supply.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I did not do the tea because it had so many things in it and you just can't (or I couldn't) drink enough of that a day to really get the amount of fenugreek they recomend. I took Fenugreek seed capsules instead. I tool 3-4 caps. 3X Daily. It worked GREAT! I also used the blessed thisle but did not get much better of a result that way then with just the fenugreek.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009