Suggestions, fact OR fiction?

Husband and i are trying to get pregnant, have a 2 year-old girl and want a boy. So any ideas or old wives tales on how you can UP the chances of having a boy? I know that its said "doggie style" helps anyone know anything else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Nothing helps, it's luck of the draw. You will get whatever the Good Lord gives ya :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Lol well i can respect that. But like i said, ANYTHING whether true or not would be nice to know. Any little bit of luck that can be added would be nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Zaksmommy I agree. op what if you do old wives tales and get the opposite? Would it be a disappointment cause you were led to believe doing x would get a certain sex? That's how I looked at my three kids pregnancies. We shot for healthiest babies and healthiest mommy each time. Sex was secondary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Well of course we're shooting for a healthy baby and no i wouldn't be dissappointed if i got the opposite its jsut for fun you know? like a personal experiment. I personally would LOVE anothe little girl but i Also only want two kids and would like one of each. Doesn't matter what happens to me. But the funny little good luck procedures for "conceiving a boy" are fun to TRY, whats wrong with that? I was jsut curous what you ladies have heard.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The Shettle's method worked for us to give our boy first and girl second like we wanted. It is based on the fact that male sperm tend to swim faster and die quicker and the female sperm swim slower, but live longer. That means for a boy you DO NOT have sex until about 3 days BEFORE you are due to ovulate and then you have sex all 3 days and a couple after ovulation. This does NOT guarantee anything, but it does up the chances for you a little. We would have been happy with anything as long as they were healthy, but we preferred to up the odds a little since my husband wanted his girl to have an older brother to watch out for her.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Heres a good site. http://womens-place.com/pregnancy/oldwives.php Or just google "old wives tales for having a boy"
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 1:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My father in law says that you get whatever you're looking at, like a blueprint. So if you want a girl, hubby has to look at you, for a boy it would be doggy style, etc. I think it's rather crude and of course not based on anything credible, but I'm just passing it on. lol
    brokenmelody

Answer by brokenmelody at 1:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009