has anyone ever had pain on one side of back, cramps and burning, pain also intensifies when using bathroom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• bladder infection! all of the signs are there. I wasnt sure what mine was at first. I thought i was going into preterm labor one night it was that bad! I went to the dr. the next AM and they said it was a severe infection. 2 weeks of medicine and i was 100% again. Dont wait though, it canspread to your kidneys and that is when it gets dangerous.
    heisermanm

Answer by heisermanm at 10:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It could be gallstones or kidney stones. Go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Im thinking it sounds like bladder infection too. Perhaps began with a UTI??
    Go to doc and submit sample and see what it turns up..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• anon 7:42... gall stones dont hurt in your back, nor do they cause cramps so its definitely not that.

OP... it sounds just like a bladder infection to me, assuming the "bathroom" that you are talking about is peeing!! Your kidneys are located near your back so you most likely have a kidney infection or kidney stone in which every kidney is hurting.

This is something that you need to be seen for today. Call and make an appt, they should definitely get you in. If your OB is booked, call your primary care.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• not gallstones, had my gallbladder removed after my first child, it was my lower right back at first, like period cramps the first few days after finding out preggo, now it is in the front right also...
    courtney0101

Answer by courtney0101 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Courtney... are you the OP?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It sounds like a kidney infection, my Dr.s picked it up to late and now I have a nephrostomy tube and it hurts even MORE. Do not wait, go to the emergency room.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2009