Need a birthday gift idea for DH turning 40. Help.

DH and I are expecting a new baby in December/January and we are trying to save money for our household. His parents are coming in to town at the end of the month and we've agreed to all go to dinner vs having a huge party. There are several birthdays being celebrated at once for this dinner.

I hate to let DH's birthday go by without a gift. I mean he's turning 40. He works so hard and I am thinking of getting him tickets to the Astros so he and his best friend can have a night out. He's not big on sports but I'm looking at the "getting out of the house/hanging with the guys" factor that he doesn't do much of.

Is that a good idea?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• smoker, chainsaw, mp3 player, travle ice chest, safe, tools, bed liner for his truck, video camra..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 10:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If that is what you think he would prefer. find out what his best interest is and go from there. Is he into music,sports,dining,ect...works for me every time. example, my husband loves music, so the family took him to hard rock cafe and then out to a concert! something like this. use your imaginaion!! hope this helped..

josie,
    CERTIFIED SKIN ANALYST
    WWW.JSURIANO1.QBEAUTYZONE.COM
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• a hooker?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If he isn't big on sports why would you want to waste the money on tickets to a game? Maybe you could arrange for him just to have a night out with the guys, go to a local bar or movie....Or go to your local bookstore and get him a keepsake book about being a dad.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:41 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• get him a bike light look on amazon
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Anon :52 are you in the business? I know plenty of men that would be interested in your trade, my husband is not one of them.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009