Did your child cry when you 1st dropped them off at preschool?

How old are they and how long did it last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in

• Nope- my son told me to leave- we was 3. As soon as I closed the door- I cried uncontrollably :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My daughter will go this year. I'll be sad but I don't know if I'm going to cry. If I do I won't do it in her face.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I didn't cry but I darn sure poutted. She didn't react the way I thought she would, you know the stories you hear from other parents about when they dropped off little Bobby off and how he cried, had a kung-foo gripe around mommy's leg and didn't want her to go and how it lasted the first full week of school. Well, when that didn't happen to me I thought to myself - WTH? Hey, I deserve a couple of fallen tears from my daughter about how she would miss me and didn't want me to go but instead what I got was "okay mommy, see ya when you come to pick me up".
    I got over it quick tho. Instead I looked at it like I've done my job up until then by raising a self sufficant little girl who was ready to embark on the next phase in her life and she was gonna be fine.
    Now with my youngest child about to embark on her first day of Pre-K I can't wait to drop her behind off "Tuck 'n Roll Madi (as I slow down the car) mom will see ya"
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• When my daughter was 3 1/2, I brought her to preschool because she was very shy. The first day she cried (and broke my heart ) but the teacher advised me to leave, and she would be just fine. When I brought her the next day, she was less shy and didn't cry. It was so good for her because the teachers were so sweet and kind and my daughter became less shy as the time passed. I would recommend preschool to all---especially the shy kids who need to interact with other kids.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• MY BOY CRIED AND HUNG ON TO ME AS I WEAPED WITH HIM! HE CRIED 'DON'T LEAVE ME MOMMY PLEEEEASE!" OH MY god! TEARS JUST ROLLED DOWN MY CHEEKS1 i FELT AS IF i WAS ABANDONING HIM I FELT SOOO BAD...! I HAVE 3 BOYS AND noT ONE OF THEM MADE ME CRY! tHE OTHER TWO COULDNT WAIT TO GO TO SCHOOL..THIS ONE IS DFINITLEY MOMMA BOY! SO DONT WORRY IF YOU CRY ITS' NATURAL TO LOVE YOUR CHILDREN AND NOT WANT TOM LET THEM GO!

jOSIE

CERTIFIED SKIN ANALYST
    WWW.JSURIANO1.QBEAUTYZONE.COM
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• No but I did. She starts high school in few weeks, and I still cry on the first day of school.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yep, and I worked in the preschool. He was taken from me but the minute he realized it was fun he was fine.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009