How far along do I start packing bags?

So I am 33 weeks pregnant right now- when do you ladies suggest I start packing bags? I feel like I have SO much to do still!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most of the things I brought were things that were still in every day use (cameras, toiletries, etc) so I didn't pack those until I was actually in labor. I packed clothes for myself and the baby, nipple cream, etc at probably about 36 weeks, and made a list of things of the other things to bring and put it in the top of the bag, and then gathered those items while I was in early labor.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Lol its the last few weeks that crawl by the slowest like i hit 36 weeks and it was like time stopped. It took FOREVER! I packed at 36 weeks and then packed my husbands and the babys just to pass the time.....it was HORRIBLE! But i think 36 is reasonable to pack at. And BELEIVE me you'll have plenty of time to finish things up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'm also about 33 weeks and I'm high risk for preterm labor. I am packing my bag next week for that reason. If it weren't for being high risk I'd pack at about 36, 37 weeks.
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'm actually 33 weeks too. My husband as been on my case about getting our bag packed. I think he is just nervous. I will probably do it sometime this week or next. It is kind of hard to pack everything when you use alot of the stuff everyday. I do have a list already made out and a pile of baby stuff started, like her outfit and baby book. I would rather do it earlier, than have to rely on my husband to pack it because I went into labor early.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I packed soon after I was pregnant. No iie. I was so excited just kept adding things all along. Congratulations Mama!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I just made a list of what I needed and where it could be found so my husband or my mom could get it for me if I had to go early, or so I could find it without forgetting anything when the time came. With my first I packed when I went into labor, and with my twins I packed the night before my schedules C-Section.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I didn't pack until 36 weeks, and I am so glad I did as my water broke at 36w 6d!! My water broke at 4 in the morning so if I hadn't had it packed, i would have been running around trying to find everything! I'd start packing now! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It depends.; I am high risk. So i will around the end of my 2nd trimester.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I just packed at 38 1/2 weeks (this past Friday) because I started to lose my mucus plug. Well, I am still waiting but my bag and my kids bags are packed to go to their grandparents. With my second I packed after my water broke. I always wait until the last minute though for most things.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'm almost 35 weeks and I'm going to start writing a list and buying things I'll need within the next week. This is my second pregnancy and I have a two year old. I just want to make sure everything is ready to go when the time comes so we're not running around trying to get things together.
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 12:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009