Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my Husband and i are seperated for about 3 months

we have 2 kids together,and he cheated.He was living with a friend and the friend said its time to leave,he wants to come back home to save money but not work out our marriage,What should i do leave him in the streets or help him move on with his life?????Idk what to do.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • It depends on the age of your children. It might be really confusing for them if he came home for a while and then eventually left again. Even if they're a little older it might give them false hope that you might get back together. I know situations where people do this, because it makes sense financially but you have to consider what's best for your kids. If he's not willing to work on the marriage, I would just find separate residences for now.

    Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • I second cuddlek. Wish my cheating husband had the guts to leave me. We're stuck cause of finances but he never moved out. If he did he'd be out permanently.

    You're lucky that he left. Don't repeat bad history. Protect your kids emotions. Meet in public so he can see kids don't meet alone or in your house with him.

    His friend kicked him out for a reason plus husband left you. Why take back someone like that?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • I agree with cuddlek, dont make things easy for him, and if you did let him back in, will anger take over you not to mention what first poster said about the children. He needs to own his own mistakes and take care of himself...

    Answer by midnightmoma at 11:01 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • he wants to come back to save $
    tell him to find another place and person to live off of

    you have done enough!

    Answer by boredmom44 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • rolling on floorOMG, the man has balls doesn't he? He cheated and left you for months and now wants to come home just bc it would be financially better? He should have been saving up for those 3 months to get his own place. He will find someone else to move in with so tell the jerk to look up the word "RESPECT" and learn it. There will be a quiz later.


    Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • Leave him out on his ass, he was the one who cheated. He put himself into this predicament

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • He definitely does not need to move home if he is not wanting to work things out. To me that is just a recipe for disaster. He would just have to find somewhere else to stay.

    Answer by kc932 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • He needs to find his own place. But be very careful. You don't want him saying things to your kids like, "Daddy wants to come home but Mommy won't let him." Protect your children at all costs!! In fact, you might want to see an attorney. Even if you still want to work things out, start divorce proceedings for the protection of you & your children. You can get a temporary order saying you & the kids can stay in the house & giving you custody of the kids. If you do work things out (from separate residences), you can have the order rescinded.

    I would consider letting him back in the house to get anything he might need. Have a friend or relative watch the kids & have someone else at the house with you & DH. Let him get his clothes & personal items & maybe a few kitchen things. Keep a list. Good luck!

    Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • He is trying to use you again like he did before... I say Hell no. Tell him to call the other woman and maybe he can stay there.

    Answer by Lauren24 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • why help him he cheated on you treated you wrong you do not owe him nothing at all he is a grown man time for him too get a life go live with the girl or guy he cheated with

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.