Would you contact an ex-friend on Facebook?

I had a friend who really let me down about 5 years ago. The friendship sizzled out. I don't really care to talk to her again, but I would love to know how her two oldest kids are doing - they were like my nieces, and they and my son used to play together all the time. I found her on facebook, but I'm very reluctant to talk to her. Should I contact her, just saying hello and asking about the girls? Or let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• If the relationship ended on good terms, I'd message her and see how they are.

If it ended in a fight, i'd leave it alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• sure., I have my ex husband on as a friend and the guy that did me wrong in high school was just added. The past is the past and I have moved on. It's great catching up.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• iF YOUR HEART FEELS LIKE IT, THEN DO IT. ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO REKINDLE A FRIENDSHIP! NEVER WAIT FOR THE OTHER PERSON TO MAKE THE MOVE FIRST OR YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED! IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE WHEN YOU CONTACT HER THEN YOU LET IT GO..AT LEAST YOU TRIED..

jOSIE
    CERTIFIED SKIN ANALYST AND MAKE UP CONSULTANT
    WWW.JSURIANO1.QBEAUTYZONE.COM
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'd just call her mom (grandma) and ask how the friend's kids were doing. Sometimes once a door is shut it's best to keep it shut unless you are ok with opening the door all the way again.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I have recindled alot of bad friendships, it'sok and forgiveness is always worth it, i mean she could have possibly learned a valueble leason and be ready to make peice. If u still care for her and her kids i would talk to her
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It wouldn't hurt to say Hi to her. But be prepared for her not to respond.

Answer by louise2 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would contact her and resolve any issues that you may have had in the past. Sometimes when we reconnect after a period of time the healing that takes place is a very good thing. Be prepared not to be as close as you once were, you may even want to keep her at a distance so as not to get your feelings hurt. Good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I had a friend from high school find me on facebook. We had been great friends & tennis partners but things ended badly. But when she found me online, the first thing she did was apologize. We are not high schoolers anymore--both are married Moms. I was more than happy to accept her apology & move on. We aren't best friends (we don't live in the same area) but we exchange the occasional note & if we ever did meet, I think we could be friends again.

Reach out to your old friend, you might be surprised.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i also had this
    i connected with her, and she has no kids
    the issue was not brought, but i was very prepared if it did come up
    to end friendship once again
    some things are not acceptable
    we are in contact on facebook and no more

i say contact her, you can always block her if it turns bad again
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009