Can anyone help me with this headache question?????

Ok so i started getting these headaches about a yr ago. First i would get them every 2wks and they would last a wk straight and were bad but not horrible and were behind both my eyes and would make me natious. Now i get them once a month and they last 4days straight and they are so severe they wake me up at night and im almost screaming on pain and it is behind only my right eye now. Anyone know the type of headache this may be?, and has anyone experienced this? HELP

God Bless

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• Prob a migraine but you should get checked by your doc to confirm. Triggers for migrains can be stress, food, light, noise, your period. Getting the headache 4 days, once a month sounds like your period or stress...think about the timing of when you are getting this headache. Before rent is due, before you start, after you drink wine??? You can figure out your trigger and avoid it.

Migraines are miserable.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• that is a migraine. go to your GP and ask about imatex. it is heavy-duty and should knock your headache out quickly.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Thanks jessie
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• GET CHECKED OUT RIGHT AWAY. YOU CAN NEVER BE TO SURE..

jOSIE
    CERTIFIED SKIN ANALYST AND MAKE UP CONSULTANT
    WWW.JSURIANO1.QBEAUTYZONE.COM
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Here is the response I just gave another poster: I started getting horrible headaches at that age. I went through several rounds of neurological tests, hospital stays, drugs with horrid side effects, etc. I came across a newspaper article about the (then) recently discovered link between food and migraines.
    I strongly recommend that you son keep a food diary; you may want to try an elimination diet, too. Some of the common migraine triggers are: yeast, chocolate, vinegar, nuts, and nitrates.
    Feel free to contact me directly, if you have any questions.
    Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Thank u everyone
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yeah niki it is usually about 4days before my period that i get them, but it just started this year and i have had my period since i was 12yrs so thats why i haven't assosiated it with my period, can u develope period headaches later in life? thank you soo much for ur wonderful advice
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009