Are there any good ways to train a cat? I'm so tired of this freakin animal.

I got this kitten probably about 1 week ago. She is a disaster, knocks everything over, chews my shoes and boxes for moving. My house is a mess because of this thing! I already want to give her away, I don't even like animals to begin with.

How do I teach her to stay on the floor and not chew my stuff?

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• why on earth would you get her when you're moving when you don't even like animals at all? Get a cage with a little box in it and put her in it OFTEN even when she's not yet used it. Keep putting her in it ALOT often. It's like pottytraining a kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• SOUNDS LIKE A NUSIANCE ALREADY! GET RID OF IT..ITS WILD!!1 I HAD A KITTEN THAT WAS OUT OF CONTROL..AFTER A FEW MONTHS WE GAVE IT AWAY TO A GOOD HOME! IT NEVER CALMED DOWN..SEEMS AS IF THE ONLY CALM CAT IS THE ORANGE LIKE GARFIELD..I HAVE 2 AND THEY ARE AWESOME!1 SO SWEET! AND GENTLE!!

jOSIE
    CERTIFIED SKIN ANALYST AND MAKE UP CONSULTANT
    WWW.JSURIANO1.QBEAUTYZONE.COM
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Are you kidding? You got a kitten when you are in the process of moving. Better yet, you don't like animals! You got the kitten because you lost a bet - right? Give it back!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I got her before I knew we were moving (just found out 2 days ago), and because my fiance wanted her and my baby loves animals.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• was she an outside kitten before? if she was she may never settle down. as for the chewing try flicking her on the ears everytime she does it, she will get the point pretty quickly. and when she jumps up on things pick her up and put her down every time she will get it pretty soon, you may have to stand there for awhile bc she will keep jumping back up. this is how i trained my cats kittens not to chew on things and to stay off of certain things. also if you get a floor to ceiling scratch post thing and show it to her she may go to climb on that you could also hang toys off of it for her to play with so she will leave the boxes alone. Although this won't stop immedietly if you persist with it it will stop.
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 2:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• why do you have a kitten if you don't like animals?
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 5:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009