Can you give me some gift suggestions for a first birthday?

People keep asking what to get my son for his birthday. My list so far is:

magnetic drawing board, kadoodle crayons and markers, rocking horse type thing, some kind of riding toy, books with textures and/or sounds....... that's about it so far

He loves to "color and draw" (scribble) and the animal books with fur..... he goes crazy he loves to "pet" the animals. I have clothes stocked up till he is 4 so I'm trying to do mostly toys(we get everyone's old kid clothes)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Books, Dvds, CDs, Bubble blower, push toys like popper or lawn mower. plastic tool sets
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ..IF HE ALREADY HAS ALL THOSE ITEMS HE LIKES THEN DONT PANIC..I WOULD GET HIM A RIDING TOY! KIDS LOVE THEM!

jOSIE
    CERTIFIED SKIN ANALYST AND MAKE UP CONSULTANT
    WWW.JSURIANO1.QBEAUTYZONE.COM
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• To generalize your list and not overwhelm people when they ask what to give your son, you can just say that he loves art, animals, and riding little vehicles. =) And any gift that's not yet suitable for a 1-year-old you can store for later...kids do grow up fast tho!
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 11:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I knew someone who had everyone bring a book instead of a card and write a little something in it. She got lots of books for the little one and I think it is sweet that there is all that love and sentiment written inside.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 12:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Oh, and my kiddos love their play kitchen area. I would love a nice wooden one if someone was going to gift it.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 12:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• books
    wooden blocks
    empty boxes

Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2009