WHAT is YOUR answer to our country's health insurance situation, leave as is those without jobs oh well? Should hospitals and religious organizations work together to reach uninsured and poorly insured? What is your perfect solution to this healthcare crisis? PLEASE ONLY state your solutions if different from another responders to avoid tempers. If you disagree with someone else's solution either just state your own solution OR don't respond.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• All of us get jobs and buy our healthcare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• ANON 43.....You do know that some people cannot work due to disabilities or not being able to afford childcare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Then they are either covered by disability and medicaid or need to find state run child care. I don't buy that belief.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme **has hand out**gimme gimme gimme
    ok now gimme some more **has both hands out now* gimme gimme gimme
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Single payer, universal coverage. American healthcare costs have increase 119% in the last ten years. In the same period, our child mortality rate has increased and our life expectancy has decreased.

It works for our veterans, it can work for the rest of us.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I honestly think the biggest help to our health-care system is stricter laws on Malpractice lawsuits... Doctors are forced to pay MASIVE Malpractice Insurance and they have to pass that cost on to the rest of us... Which not only ups the cost of out of pocket costs but those of insurance.

My SIL was pregnant and there was a developmental problem with the baby. His lungs weren't forming properly and she was urged by the doctor to abort because the baby could not survive outside her body. She refused to abort. She had the baby and he died like the doctors said. SHE filed a lawsuit against the doctor because she (and her money hungry attorney) said that if the doctor knew there was an issue they should have been ready to operate as soon as the baby was born... With a crying "new mom" on the stand, she won the case. And the doctor ended up paying big! ~ This should NOT be legal!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think it is good as is. the poor have the heatlh department (which was my only doctor growing up and a good while after leaving home.) I take care of myself unless something really bad happens and must go to the doctor.
    The only reason the President wants this bill to passed asap is then the government will have the controlling precentage of the GDP and we will be a socialist country.(like it or not sweethearts) Why else would he HAVE to have a bill passed now that is not going to start to take effect for 4 years? Please watch out and stand up for our country or we will not a free country to stand in.
    TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 2:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've had Medicaid for my children & it's not as easy to use as everyone likes to think! The drs are limited; they only take established patients - if you're not an established patient, then you're just out of luck! As for adults, Medicaid only provides for pregnant women, the impoverished elderly & those considered disabled by the state. I am none of those. I deserve healthcare just as much as anyone else, and so do the other people in similar situations!
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 4:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009