Did anyone besides me and my hubby NOT want to know baby's sex until birth?

IF YOU found out baby's sex ahead of time was it the sex predicted? If you didn't find out baby's sex ahead of time were you a bit disappointed? Any of us have multiple children to try for specific sex instead of just having a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• we didn't find out what we were having. dh kept thinking it was a girl and i kept saying it was a boy. well, I WAS RIGHT!!!! we were very VERY excited. and it made the birth so much more special for us.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I wanted to wait.. hubby thought it would be easier to find out so we could be fully prepared. We found out we were having a son, and had a son. Next baby we have, we're not finding out!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• HI mommytobobby - same here!!!! Delivery was made extra extra exciting each time of our three cause we knew we'd be getting a baby but not which sex!!! Our middle shocked everyone pooless being first girl born in over thirty years!!!!! I kept calling her a him in the hospital I was so shocked it was a girl. We just assumed we'd have all boys cause so many boys already in his family and we ended up with a son and two daughters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• lol anon. another thing i really loved about not finding out was that we, and everyone else, were just focused on the health of the baby and me and not so much it being a girl or boy.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I found out with both kids and both predictions were right. For us it was easier and better to know whether we were having a boy or a girl.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Me. :-)
    I've never had any ultrasounds with my pregnancies so my kids were surprises!
    Because of "how" I carried and what I was hoping for, everyone thought one gender, but we were all wrong, each time! ;-/
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My ultrasound tech told me they can now predict sex with 99% accuracy. I wanted to know both times because it just makes it feel a little more real, plus I like to call a child by his or her name.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I could go without knowing, but DH really really wants to know, so we're going to find out. And I think both of our mothers would never leave us alone if we didnt find out.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• first pregnancy we didn't know until he was here. this time though, we couldn't agree on a name, so we found out, and that night we agreed on one. i guess we just needed to be certain first. we used the only one we had in mind, the first time around. the second time it was just a tad bit harder to agree.
    Rachel_May

Answer by Rachel_May at 1:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Both DH and I didn't want to know with either child, it sure made the delivery much more exciting! It seems that in life we have so few surprises, this was just one that we wanted to anticpate and not know in advance. Both times we were wrong in predicting the sex as well!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009