how do i deal?

recently, i have lost someone very close and dear to me. he was taken so soon and so suddenly. i've never had to deal with a loss like this and it's hard for me to deal with it. i'm constantly thinking about death and everynight i'm awake for hours thinking about whether or not i told everyone i know that i love them and i'm so afraid that i'm not going to wake up in the morning like my beloved friend. i think i need to speak with a doctor or someone....i don't know what to do...please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• It wouldn't hurt to go to a therapist or psychologist - maybe they would be able to help you deal with death.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 3:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. How was death handled for you by your parents and older relatives when you were a child? I'd connect with a minister or priest or get personal counselling. You're still in shock of a very sudden horrific loss. Talk to someone who's job it is to help people live with loss. Some religions are good with that other times doctors medicatons are needed. Try counselling first.

Time doesn't take away the pain of loss time helps ease the pain of loss. What can you do to honor your loved one? Volunteer somewhere with a community group or environmental group? Would you think of writing the story of your relationship for your children to know of your loved one's impact in your life and how you yourself impacted that person?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009