husband is having achiness and tenderness in his stomach, what could it be?

My husband has had acid reflux and gerd for all of his adulthood, he's gong to be 28 soon, and sometimes it gets so bad that he throws up, but this seems to be different. His stomach has been achy, tender and has a feeling of pressure for a few weeks and it hurts worse if someone puts pressure on it, especailly if our son jumps on him. He's thinking ulcer maybe or maybe when our son jumped on him a few weeks ago he hurt it somehow. But he thinks he was having problems before than and it just made it worse. Anways, we don't have health insurance until the end of the month, so any suggestion on what it could be and if it could possible be serious? I'm a little worried.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Health

• What part of his abdomen is it?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• It sounds like an ulcer to me. My husband has the samething. It can get worst when they drink alcohol or soda. i would have your husband take some acid reflux meds and drink milk. it works for my husband hope it works for you.
    Momma_Girls

Answer by Momma_Girls at 12:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure what part of the abdomen it is... he's sleeping right now so I can't ask. I'm assuming though its the upper, but not quite sure.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• He needs to see a doctor. It could be any of a number of things.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009