When do babies start reaching for people?...

I know all babies go through a stage of just wanting their mommies I heard it's a short stage. When does that start? My son is 4 months old today. He doesn't do that yet but when he does and I have to leave for work or something it will break my heart. Also he has not rolled over yet and I heard they should by 4 months. Why doesn't he? Thank you :)

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 12:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies all do things at different times, but be sure she is getting lots of tummy time where she can practice pushing up on her arms - all 4 of mine turned from tummy to back first, by accident when they were pushing up on their arms and leaning at the same time.
    As far as reaching for people, that's not something I really took notice of - but my 9 months old has been doing it for several months, so I would say 6 months?

Answer by missanc at 12:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my daughter will be 4 months old thursday.

I was concerned, at her last well check, and her Dr, said she was "ahead of the curve"
    however as I was told, some babies just do things at a different rate than others.
    If your Dr. isn't worried, i wouldn't be either, they will do everything in their own time.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2009