Would you invite your mom to your sons 1st Birthday?

I have my boys on a part time basis since they live with there dad, I got them for 3 weeks. One week I let them go for two nights and then another week, i only let them go for a night and i told her only 1 night. One of my sons have allergies to cats so 1 night is good for him. My mom gets mad at me tells me Fuck You & I'm dropping them off the next day. So I have to go pick them up right then. I was outside so i didn't hear this but she told my fiance, I'm not a good mother, she doesn't trust me with my kids. She doesn't have them do the things like brush there teeth, take showers, change there clothes and more. And I'm a bad mother.

I feel so betrayed by my own mother, we have never really had a good relationship, she didn't raise me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• geez if shes being like that and you are a good mom, i dont know you but i think its better if shes not in your life
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would invite her for the kids only but not do anything else with her
    Anonymous

• My mom is an asshole too, I tell her that if she wants to see my baby then she will be nice and follow my rules. If she starts crap, bye bye baby. She has been pretty decent since the last time we had a problem. She just keeps it to herself.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Sounds like YOUR mother is a bad mother to treat her daughter like that. She should be there to help you, not criticize you. Personally I would ignore her completely. Calls and just don't answer your door if she comes over. And as far as inviting her to the party? Hell No!
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Honestly, since your even asking...it will probably bother you if she comes. This is your sons day and if you feel like they (your son and Mom) have a great relationship then yes I think she should be included...maybe tell her a later time so that you can enjoy the beginning of the party with your son without her...when she comes then it could be their time together. I don't think that you should worry to much about her saying your a bad mom. Sounds like she has some issues that she hasn;t worked out within herself. Your son knows his Mom and Im sure loves you very much. There wont be anything (not even your Mom) that can take that away but you. Family is family and even though we all don't like who we got for family sometimes...they still are our family. I think that giving your son the opportunity to choose if he wants to have a relationship with his grandma is a good thing...no matter how she is with you...
    BeautyBaby

Answer by BeautyBaby at 1:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• And to tell you a little about myself...me and my mom have the same type of thing going on...she calls me a slut...but Im pregnant for the first time at 21. She had two kids by then and I don;t think she is a slut at all...she says I am not ready to have a kid, but I have my own apartment, I have a full time job with the State of CA, my own car, don;t ask her for anything....she lives with my brother...at 39 years old. She tells people that I wont even be ready when the baby comes...people outside of our family, and that is very irritating. But I have decided that my son will know his grandma and choose. I really don;t want her coming to my baby showers...yet she will be receiving an invitation.
    I'm just saying...I think that its a good thing to do your part in trying for your child...not for you...if it works out to where you and your mom develop some type of relationship thats a plus,but in my case Im not counting on it
    BeautyBaby

Answer by BeautyBaby at 1:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I would invite her personally for his sake she is still his gramma and I dont believe in not letting a child see family unless they are a clear danger to the child such as drug abuse or child abuse you may think differently and I would just tell her not to talk bad about you at all around your child no matter what she thinks of you personnally. I would not talk bad about her in front of your child either i think that the more people kids have to love them is all the better for them. dont take her out of her grandchild's life unless of course she is a danger to him.
    unicorn54166

Answer by unicorn54166 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009