Hypothetical Question, In order to open up space for new inmates prisons must decide between sending old ones to their homes (home-prison) OR accelerate the death penalty process. Which one is the best choice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, if the death penalty to be an actual deterent to crime it actually has to be enforced. If someone has been sentenced to the death pentalty, then apply the penalty. The house confinement is a little harded. These are criminals not jay-walkers. House confinement doesn't sound like much of a punishment. I do have a real solution to future overcrowding issues and it will not cost $.1, need one officer hired, or need one building built. Don't break the law. The actual percentage of innocent inmates is actually quite low compared to the population in prison. Just don't break the law and you don't go to jail! Sounds just too simple doesn't it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Accelerate the death penalty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I say depending on the crime. Not everyone is on Death Row, so I would go for home-prison a.k.a house arrest.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• depends on the crime I suppose. If they are already on "Death Row" perhaps their sentence should be moved up, I hate saying that. But on the same hand they had to do something pretty horrible to end up where they are...
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Or just stop putting people in jail for non-violent crimes and then the prisons wouldn't be so crowded.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If they have exhausted all of their appeals and are on death row...a bullet will be cheaper or a rope is re-usable
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Flog them all. and speed up the death penalty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Release all inmates that are in prison for weed convictions. There are so many people in prison for weed its pathetic. House arrest with UA's would work.....I think.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• House arrest.
    I am pro-life, and that includes being anti-death penalty (except for certain circumstances which come to bear rarely, if ever, in a country like the USA).
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 12:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Release all those that are there for nonviolent drug crimes to start with..
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009