What do I do if my son is being a big bully to sibling?

My son Darien has been suffocating andrew, punching, slapping, pushing, pulling his hair, stealing his drink at nap and bedtime. They sleep in a room together separate beds. This behavior is scaring me I don't know what to do. I am having Darien starting preshool in a few months and I don't want him to be the bully of the class. Please someone help me out.

Dariensmom1

Asked by Dariensmom1 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You have to let him know that this kind of behavior is serious, unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Isolate him from others and from his toys, and any other distractions. One minute time out per year of age (if age 4, then it would be 4 minutes.) Always talk to him, make him apologize to his brother by looking at him face to face. Ask him how he would feel if someone did those things to him. Always try to get him to put himself in the other person's shoes. When time out stops working, go to taking toys. Take a toy per incident. He has to earn them back by good behavior. Helping his brother, sharing his toys, etc. Always praise him and let him know that he has earned back his toys by being a good boy and a good brother.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• IDK, set boundries & stick to them, when my kids act like that I let them know it won't be a regular behavior , they go to their room lose a toy .There's always something each one doesn't want to lose! It works in my home~Good~Lck
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2010