Has anyones kids ever had night terrors when they were a baby?

Two nights ago my 10.5 month old woke up in the middle of the night screaming and wasnt hungry. This is the 1st time she did this. I had to rock her while she was laying on my stomach so she would go back to sleep which took probably 30 minutes. She sleeps on her side nightly. She vwouldnt go back to sleep on her side only if i held her close on my stomach and comforted her like a newborn. How long does night terrors last? My neice had them for 2-3 months when she was around my daughter's age.

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They go thru phases...DD is over 2 and still gets them once in awhile but normally she has her eyes open but is not awake...if I pick her up or touch her, it makes the terror worse...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My DD does this, but there's a reason why- her meds. She's on phenobarbital for seizures and nightmares are one of the side effects. Just to let you know you're not alone, and I know it probably breaks your heart as much as it does mine!
    lissa_is_preggo

Answer by lissa_is_preggo at 1:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• There is a difference between nightmares, and night terrors. Sounds more like your DD had a night mare. My 18 month old has been having nightmares for close to a year.. its horrible. Its only been the last week and a half or so that they have moved to full night terrors, where she will scream for about 20 minutes but never fully wake up no matter what we do.. Once we can snap her out of it she's fine, like nothing happened, and will go back to sleep.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• awww poor little babies, I wonder what kind of nightmares babies have. Since they haven't seen a lot of things in life. It makes me curious.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009