So will I ever feel happy ? Why do i feel like this ? I felt or feel Happy most of the time, but when I realize is it all his or ours.

Finally my DH & I decided instead of buying a new bike for racing he's upgrading his bike he got in Feb. The thing is now that he's upgrading I wont be able to ride with him since seat on bk has to be removed. It hurt me so bad when he told me this. I thought it was us our bike basically its his. I dont work I go to school full time, Im currantly pregnant. He bought a truck which now I dont get to drive at all .. Im stuck at home all day and he has truck. I dont think Im happy I feel like a prisoner and sucks. I should be happy we are coming up, but my thing is our we coming up or is he ... On Sat. he fought with his Dad & I asked him why he said I took his dad's side & said Im not scared to fight you for baby or anything this is all mine. I know he was drinking a lot .. Next day he did not remember anything he said, so I let it go. Maybe thats what makes me feel its all his event though he always tells me its all ours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Sound like you DH needs to focus on his family more and listen to your concerns. When you're married the stuff you have together is both of yours. Does he have a drinking problem?? I've been in the same situation with the car thing...but eventually my hubby's dad gave us his car. Your hubby needs to care more about your feelings and spend less time being selfish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You need to have some things that are just yours, too. You can only be a prisoner if you choose to allow yourself to be one. Think about the things that you enjoyed doing before you were married. Think about other women who had the same interests as you did and reconnect with some of them. Don't allow your individual personality to be smothered out. If he is away doing what he enjoys, then use that time to do something that you enjoy. If you think he's drinking too much, tell him you think he's drinking too much and how that makes you feel. If he gets mad, that's his problem and not yours. When you begin to exert your own personhood, you will be a lot happier even if your husband never changes. You cannot allow another person to control your happiness, even if that other person is your spouse.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• happiness comes from within, not from him. Find your joy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i think its time to think about relationship counseling before baby comes, if he is already making threats about he will fight you for baby if need be im sorry i have been in one too many abusive relationships and honestly this sounds like a starting point to me, he is putting the fear in you of lossing baby and baby isnt even here yet, i know this is not really what your post is about but i would strongly rec' relationship counseling before baby gets here.
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Im in school I enjoy that and love scrapbooking. I do my things but something feels like its missing .. I think its me not being in school for summer. He drinks but I guess I picked his nerve since he had just finish fighting with his dad he has never been that MEAN ...

We got married and seems all our babysitters quit NO more going out, no more shows, no more anything with out the kids ( Kids are from my previous marriage) He took them in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009