Have you ever eaten braunschweiger?

[BROWN-shwi-ger; BROWN-shvi-ger] Named for the German town of Braunschweig, this smoked liver sausage enriched with eggs and milk is the most famous of the liverwursts. It's soft enough to be spreadable and is usually served at room temperature.

^^^ just incase you were wondering^^^

My grandma used to give it to me, just a slice with miracle whip on it. I hate miracle whip except when it's like that.

Now that I'm older and know what it is it kind of grosses me out, but I still have it sometimes.

Did you ever have it, how did you eat it(sandwich, plain ect.), did you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Never had it...or even heard of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i work in a deli and it grosses me out to even slice it
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I used to when I was a kid. My mom would get on a kick and go buy some and we'd make sandwiches with white bread and Miracle Whip. I can still remember the taste and it's been a loooong time since I've had any.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've heard of it and I think my mum use to eat it as a child. I haven't had it. My husband has tho -he's from Holland which is right next to Germany so they eat a lot of each other's food.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• OMG! I grew up eating this - on a piece of Rye bread with Mayo. My Grandparents help raise me because my Mom was so young when I was born and this is what they ate all the time. That and Deviled Ham, Potted Meat, Vienna Sausages and Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast! Yum!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• no and I lived in Germany.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Yes...very salty...we'd eat a thin slice of it on white bread with a pice of lettuce and some Miracle Whip. I love it, but can only eat a tiny bit of it now b/c it's so salty.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 1:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009