Cloth Diapers

I've been debating this issue. I used disposable with my first. I'm due with my second in Dec. I think I'd like to use cloth diapers, but don't know a whole bunch about them. How do you store them before they're washed? Maybe in bleach or sometype of cleaner water... Not to be dirty, but how do you wash the poop off of them?? Are they worth the the work?

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 12:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, they make moisture-proof bags in which you throw the dirty diapers into called "wet bags" which are kind of a misnomer because you don't actually put any wet solution in there. Pre-soaking diapers before you wash them has gone out of fashion, mostly because it's unnecessary, but also because there have been child-drownings in wetpails.

A wetbag is usually under $20. You know what, though? I used grocery sacks. I'm cheap.

I think you'll find that modern cloth diapering is a lot less work than you think it's going to be. I strongly recommend joining one of the many cloth diapering groups here on Cafemom for more in-depth information and tips on possible routines you can use. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• They make cloth diapers with disposable inserts that are biodegradable. They work just like pampers.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• http://www.diaperpin.com/howto.asp

you can buy a sprayer that feeds from your toilet in line to spray the poop off into the toilet. pre-soaking depends on what you're using. if you're using certain pocket diapers you wouldn't want to use bleach with them, and pre-soaking isn't necessary, just a pre-rinse in the washer.

I use and love these

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2009