Why not applaud the moms that waited?

The ones who waited till they were married to have kids and/or sex, or were over 18 when they first had sex. I've even noticed that people actually look down on moms that waited to be married to have sex and/or have kids and consider them to be "elitists" as well as snooty because they waited.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I waited to have sex until 19. I wanted to be married when I had kids but ....birth control is not 100%. I don't think they any better than me though, just in a different situation.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• because while waiting is a great thing I'm realistic and say it's not the norm. I didn't wait do I get applause cause I didn't? I think it's great if one can stop those rushing hormones and yes it's to be admired but it doesn't make the rest of us nasty, ho ish or slutty. We're all human.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Why would waiting be a bad thing?! They are not following what society has become...a very sexual-oriented world where "sex sells" and "everyone is doing it"...and that is a great & honorable thing to do. Most people who do wait are not snooty or think of themselves "better" than others. Its just like how some people chose not to go to college after high school. Does that make them stupid, lazy, and unemployed for the rest of their lives? Nope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Because I don't care. What makes them a better mother than I am or anyone who did not wait until they were married to have sex?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• bow downclapping

Even though I know what you are saying now a days girls just give it away like hotcakes not to mention they are giving BJ's to the boys so they won't have to give it up. I used to wonder why be a virgin when you get married sometimes all that waiting was for nothing bc you don't always get a prince charming, So does it really matter?  Be patient.

Anonymous

• All that matters is what you think of your self, if you are proud of your self good for you, it does not put you above any one else, people lead different lives and have been through different things. We are all very different people. How can you expect the same things from people who were sheltered vs those who fought for everything? You can't. On the same note, just because a woman waits until marriage to loose their virginity or waits until they are older to loose it does not guarantee they will be with one man for the rest of their life or that they will be happy. Look at the amount of divorces in just the US. What business is it of any one's what other people's sex lives are? Pagirl 71 is right, and if you are preaching chasity from the bible remember "judge not less ye be judged."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Because it's an individual choice. It's not a "one way fits all" type of thing.

I don't see anything wrong with waiting... but I don't see anything wrong with not waiting either. That's why it's not woth applause from me.

To each their own.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• way to go

Answer by admckenzie at 1:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've even noticed that people actually look down on moms that waited to be married to have sex and/or have kids and consider them to be "elitists" as well as snooty because they waited.

I don't think this statement is true at all.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 1:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Because it isn't my business what someone else choses to do. All people need to worry about is themselves and how they live their lives.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2009