Do you have a say when your husband keeps giving money to his friend?

His friend is married and have children. But this friend always comes to my husband for money. We get the money back but I was wondering if it would bother you having this kind of situation going on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah, that would bother me. If you guys are financially sound and can afford to do that, it's probably okay. But if you can't, then you need to tell that guy no..... It's great that he pays you back, most people don't.
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 1:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• If we had the money and the friend is good for it yes we would help out. Just pray he never skips town..lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Uh, yeah it would. If we're going to let people borrow money- I'd atleast like to know about it. And not just after the fact. Atleast he pays you back ;)
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 1:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I don't agree all the way with GinaPetty... good that he pays back but what's he using it for. Is he faithful, a gambler, drugs?

If his wife doesn't know then I wouldn't support it. My husband and I have borrowed money more than once before from relatives but each time I knew he did it and they knew I knew. I wanted to be responsible for the debt we were in and to pay it be as my husband's partner godforbid anything happened to him. Wouldn't want any debts to be found out after sudeen passing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• As long as I'm in the loop, I don't see any problem helping a freind especially if he always pays it back. It also depends on the amount if it is an excessive amount or an amount that could put our own family in a bad spot then I would probably have a problem with it.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We arent married but live together. I dont think he does it much cause he doesnt really have $ to give but I have found out that he has given $ to his brother and his ex sister in law, it annoyed me but i said to myself as long as he has enough $ to take care of his & our household needs i guess it not that big of a deal.

GillyMarie

Answer by GillyMarie at 2:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2009