When should I test?

I had my period on July 17th and had unprotected sex on July 26th...a few days before ovulation I believe. A week after the sex I had sore breasts and tender nipples that lasted for about 3 days and gave me the idea that I could be pregnant but it was too early. I took a test then (knowing it was still too early) and got a negative. So now I believe I should be starting my period tomorrow and thought I could take a test today...Again I got a negative. I should probably should have waited to actually miss my period but temptation got to me. I don't want to keep working up my hopes. If my period is a no show tomorrow when should I be able to test?

Stephanie92789

Asked by Stephanie92789 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• two weeks after your missed period
    TaiZombie

Answer by TaiZombie at 1:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i tested 3 days after i missed my period
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i tested before my missed period with one of the tests that "tells you 5 days sooner". test first thing in the morning
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• 2 weeks AFTER my missed period?! That'll be like 5 weeks after the sex! Idk if I can wait that long.
    Stephanie92789

Answer by Stephanie92789 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My period is supposed to show tomorrow and I tested today with a negative so I'm not thinking an early test would do me any difference? Not sure. I took a dollar store test....does that matter?
    Stephanie92789

Answer by Stephanie92789 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• it's not only missing your period that's a pregnancy indicator. conception can occur during periods. I have ovulated many times during my periods - i always gave off the mucus as indicator. so therefore some women do not give out that mucus but do ovulate themselves during their periods.

time is what's needed for the hormones to build up in you to show positive in any testing. doctors urine testing chemicals and labs blood testing chemicals are specialized to be extra strong. if they should fail and you don't get a period then ultrasound should prove baby or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• the waiting game is the hardest!
    Stephanie92789

Answer by Stephanie92789 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i always used the clearblue tests. i recently heard that dollar store products dont always actually contain the ingredients that they say they do (this report was on dollar store vitamins, but probably true for their other products too).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I didn't get a faint positive until the day was suppose to start and then waited 2 days later and took a Clear Blue test that actually says Pregnant or Not Pregnant and it showed up. If your supposed to get your period tomorrow then I would wait til this weekend so that it wont be a faint line andmake you wonder if you really are or not.
    Anonymous

• I was able to pin point the date of conception with my 1st because it was the only time my husband and I were sexually active that entire month. I had perfect 28 day cycles for years before that, and we had sex on day 13 of my cycle so right before I should have ovulated. I tested the day I missed my period, 2 days late, 5 days late, 7 days late and FINALLY tested positive on the 9th day after my missed period!!

With my daughter, we tried to conceive her using the gender selection method and so we only had sex a few times during the month. I still had perfect 28 day cycles but because of my experience with my son, I waited until I was a week late to test and I texted negative. I texted at 9 days late and it was negative again so I waited til 12 days late and got my positive
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009