Sleeping arrangements

I have two children, my daughter will be 3 at the end of September and my son is 5 weeks. They have to share a SMALL room. I haven't let them sleep in the room together yet because I do not trust my daughter. I think she is too young, she doesn't understand not to put the blanket over his face or to dump all of her toys in the crib with him. So my question is, when can I trust them together? Has anyone else faced this issue?

AandEx2

Asked by AandEx2 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'd go to a furniture store, less espensive one and get an accordian room divider - they come in all sizes and all costs - some antique stores even have them.

Divide the room so that your baby baby's part is closest to the door to the room. That way you can monitor activity in the littlest one's room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• noooooooooooooooo. I wouldn't let them sleep in the same room. Sibling rivalry will kick in later so I can't see them in the same room until they are older.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I havent been through this so im not sure when its ok but right now I wouldn't put them in the room together at least until the baby can sleep through the night. I wouldn't want my daughter to be disturbed.

GillyMarie

Answer by GillyMarie at 2:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My oldest was 2 1/2 when my youngest was born. They've been sharing a room since the youngest was 1 month old. (it's also a small room) they still share the room at 9 & 11.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My youngest son was about 5-6 mths old when he started sharing a room with his older brother(who was 2 at the time).
    They did alright. Id have put them together sooner but I was afraid my younger boy would wake the baby(not hurt or bother him in the crib).

They still share a room and they are now 3 and 18mths...doing great.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2009