Animals know before you?

Does anyone beleave that animals know when you are pregnant before you even do? Has anyone had an experience? My brothers dog usually hates me but over the past week or so he dosnt want anyone near him BUT me. Also DH and I got a puppy in April and he was such a daddys boy but a few days ago he crawled in bed with me and curled up near my tummy and when DH tried to move him to get in bed he dug his claws into the bed and went dead weight. When that didnt work (hubby is way strong) he tried to BITE him. He NEVER bites. SOOO weird! LOL!

sweetiowamommy

Asked by sweetiowamommy at 1:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My dog would sniff my tummy starting about 2 weeks before i found out & when my SO would get anywhere near the tummy area she would growl...now that i'm 7 months pregnant she still is very overprotective of the belly.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think so, but don't have no personal experience with it
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My cat Fatman did the same thing as the dogs in the previous post...my DD is now 5 and he follows her around EVERYWHERE!

He "knew" a good 2 weeks before we did.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i haven't had any personal experience. Nothing like that happened with my pregnancies. But i've heard dogs can be more protective during our periods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my cat is not very lovey with me, but before i knew i was pregnant she started cuddling up on my belly, rubbing her head into, and 'kneading' my belly too. I found out about a week later. She stopped doing it a little while after that.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my dd has a hampster that they gave her for her birthday on Sunday and she and my other dd get mad cause the hampster tries to hide from them and sleep right next to me. I dont know if im prego but hey it might be. My sister had a chihuahua and she got preg and she said that the dog always wanted to be with her.
    blueorpink

Answer by blueorpink at 5:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• thats really cool i dont know but if so im getting a dog lol
    jacobmommy62106

Answer by jacobmommy62106 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i think so. my best friend and i got pregnant the same time (literally, due dates one day apart) and we also lived together. our dog brandy would come and lay between us on the couch, and if anyone came over o us she would be very protective. she was just alaround protective of us when we were pregnant. and now she is super protective of our kids!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009