My daughter's school is going to be starting at 7:30 am every day!

That means that she will have to be at the bus stop at 6:40 am every morning. Does anyone else have to do this? Do you think it is good or bad? Why?

It is a middle school by the way, and I think that it is crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I did this and I actually liked it because we got out of school earlier. Gives the rest of the day for homework and relax time. But this is when I was in high school
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• i would love it if we could do that.. it would help out alot with the day.. when i was young they did that for one year an ten set it back, but i say its a good thing, they are awake and rady in the morn, in the afternoon they slow down..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 2:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My kids begin school at 0725. When my son was in HS he had to catch the bus at 0630. Classes began at 0705. Now the same school has changed hours. They don't bein until 0930..but they aren't out until after 4. It sucks either way. the one thing I really hate though..is lunch at 10:30 in the monrning. They get up so early they have to eat then...but by the time they get home they are starving maniacs.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• my daughter is in the fourth grade and has to be at the bus stop at 620 my best friends daughter and son have to be at the bus stop at 6 am its just how it is!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 2:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• yeah my town too. too many kids and too few buses. my two oldest are in their twenties and youngest a teen. don't let your child have a tv in their room or a computer. that way they fall asleep easier. They don't fight sleepiness as much as if that stuff were in their room.
    Anonymous

• My sister was in the 1st grade last year and she had to be outside for the bus by 6:10. She was 7! This is year its now 620. I think its messed up. Here, the elementary schools star at 7 something, the middle schools at 8 something, and the high schools at 9 something. Does that make sense to anyone? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I started school at 7:25 from 6th grade on. It was early, but we survived.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• you do have the choice of dropping her off every weekday morning!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Wow that's early. My 6th grader will just be getting up and out of bed by the time yours is at the bus stop. Her day will begin at 8:15am and end 3:45. My Pre-K little one will start her day at school at 8:45a and end it at 3:25pm. Neither one will have to worry about being on a bus stop tho because we will drive both of them to school.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• My dd's school starts at 7:40, her bus comes at 7:00. She's in middle school too. Around here the elementary schools start later, the middle school alittle earlier, then the high school the earliest. But then it is the reverse coming home. The oldest kids get home first. I think they reason they do this is so the youngest kids aren't home alone, if the parents work.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009