How do you protect your TV and DVD player/stereo etcetera from your baby?

We currently put a bin of toys in front of the TV stand, however, it looks horrible there. My 11-month-old son is obsessed with the DVD player and DVR, and stereo and I'm not sure what to use to keep him from getting into there.

I'm not sure if there is any kind of mesh like material that'll go around the front of the stand??

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, what they use??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We use a fireplace cover we bought at Target.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We bought the TV guard online. But what helped out the most! Put his toys in another room and we don't watch tv w/ my DS (14 mos). He learned to eject the blue ray disc player and I caught him a couple times ready to lean on da tray!!!! Good luck!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We bought a TV stand with glass doors. You can also put components up on a high shelf.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• We have a wall mount and shelf up high so the babies cannot reach, or climb to!! :)
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• we eventually just moved the dvd player to the top of the tv so he cannot reach it
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Correct him when he messes with it. He's old enough to learn. My son knew at that age he doesn't touch any of the electronics. If he touched them after being told no i'd pop his hands. Didn't take long for him to realize "oops not supposed to touch that". Putting his toys right infront of them isn't helping because he associates it with his toys.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• AAHHH!! Don't hit your child!

Try to find ways to put it up on a shelf. Our DVD player was always on top of the entertainment center.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 3:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2009