Is it true that if I'm breastfeeding I can't eat watermelon?

They told me it would make my milk to stop coming out, and I won't be able to breastfeed my baby. What are some foods I can't eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have never heard of that. I can't think of a single food that will decrease it. But, be careful w/like garlic, spicy foods, broccoli, cabbage, greens and stuff like that that will make your baby gassy.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Ok ive never heard this before but its really funny. I ate watermelon all the time maybe thats why i lost my milk- haha no I dont think its true. Things you shouldnt eat are things like caffine and drugs that will come through the milk. Also if you eat alot of onion or garlic your milik can actually taste like that and you baby wont eat if he/she doesnt like the taste. Same with spicy foods sometimes. Its not going to stop your milk flow thou. You can pump and dump if you really need to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• rolling on floorLOL......LOLOLOLOLOL........LMAO.......ROFLMAO

Anonymous

• Bump..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Watermelon is about 98% water! I do not think that is a bad thing while breastfeeding!! I ate watermelon all the time while I breastfed my kids! I think you are safe unless you are allergic. I would stay away from broccoli, although good for you, it gives baby lots of gas!!
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Watermelon is the opposite of bad for a breastfeeding mom. Someone was yanking your chain.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• just gotta know, don't name a name - say the relationship - your anon so its' ok ... wth told you that?
    oj gave rashes to my baby through my breastmilk and when i stopped drinking cow's milk my baby was constipated for two weeks. Never never heard of this watermellon. And another posted question by someone commented on eating oatmeal to keep up breast milk production. That I never heard of either but for some reason the watermellon is most odd. Don't know what others think of the oatmeal and breastmilk question.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I've heard that one recently too....dont' believe it.

there are some foods that will make baby unhappy...rule of thumb is - if it makes YOU uncomfortabe (ie GASSY) it will make baby gassy too. broccoli, cabbage, beans...

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Thanks for the laugh. That is one that I have never heard. You do need to watch what you eat because it could affect the baby. If it bothers you, it bothers the baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• hahahahahahahha
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2009