Besides oatmeal, what other food produces a lot of breastmilk?

I'm breastfeeding and I eat oatmeal everyday to produce more milk for my baby, but to be honest I'm getting tired of it, and I want to breastfeed but I'm afraid if I stop the oatmeal that's going to be the end of milk..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try the following
    *Fenugreek, its in mothers tea (u can find it at whole foods)
    *yeast, its in mexican atole (rice drink) and beer (try nonalcoholic "O'Douls)
    Good Luck!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• As long as you stay hydrated and are eating plenty of healthy foods, you should be fine. I don't eat oatmeal very often and I have not had a problem producing milk. As long as you nurse on demand, your body will know your little one needs more and produce accordingly. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 2:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I haven't heard of that but I used a hand pumper to help me product more milk. Also if you let the baby(child) drink on one breast at a time until they are full then change to the other your body will produce what you need. I have heard of other women not being able to product much but that wasn't me. Hope this all helps.
    readingmama26

Answer by readingmama26 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The big thing is to figure out if you're actually having supply issues, mama. Is baby nursing at the breast regularly? Are there 6-8 wet diapers a day? If both of those things are happening, you have about a 97% chance of supplying more than enough milk for the baby.

If you're pumping or baby isn't wetting enough, there are other things you can do to increase supply beyond the oatmeal. Fenugreek is one, there are mother's milk teas and tinctures you can take. There's a recipe floating somewhere for oatmeal lactation cookies.

Often, we think that we're having supply issues because our breasts don't get full, or baby is ALWAYS nursing, or you don't feel letdown, or you can't pump well - but that doesn't mean you're not making enough. The only indication that your supply isn't meeting baby's need is if you aren't seeing the wet diapers.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 3:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Asaffell said it all! I really don't have any more to add other than she is 100% right, lol!
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 3:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• WATER
    2manylilboys

Answer by 2manylilboys at 9:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2009